NAMI Family Support Group
Loving and Living with someone who has a mental health condition? NAMI Family Support Group is a free, confidential and safe group of families helping other families who live with mental health challenges. Families join a caring group of individuals helping one another by utilizing their collective lived experiences and learned wisdom. Family members can achieve a renewed sense of hope for their loved one living with mental health conditions.
This group meets on the 4th Tuesday of every month from 7 - 8:30 pm through June 2017 at Crosspoint. No pre-registration required. Questions, contact Barb at 262.409.2743 or email email@example.com
NAMI Family to Family 12-week education course
Saturday mornings March 25 - June 24 (No classes held April 8 & 15)
Join us if you have a family member who has a mental, behavioral, or mood disorder. This course provides critical information and strategies for taking care of the person you love and you'll also find out that you're not alone! Fliers for this program are available at the Information Center.
The group setting of NAMI Family-to-Family provides mutual support and shared positive impact—you can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who understand your situation. You can also help others through your own experience. In the program, you'll learn about:
- How to manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Taking care of yourself and managing your stress
- Developing the confidence and stamina to provide support with compassion
- Finding and using local supports and services
- Up-to-date information on mental health conditions and how they affect the brain
- Current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- The impact of mental illness on the entire family