Watch our video to learn how to sign up!
HOW TO SETUP YOUR ACCOUNT
STEP 1 - ENTER EMAIL ADDRESS
1. Enter the email address of the new account to create.
- After clicking Next Step, the system will check to see if the email exists in the database and is linked to 1 person only.
- If there is a match, then an email will be sent containing a Security Code.
2. You will see this prompt: “Enter the security code that was emailed to [email address]”
- You will be sent a random 8 character code. For security reasons, the you MUST have access to the email account they entered. This is an important security measure and standard practice for verifying identity.
- If the email address is already in use AND linked to a user account, you will be prompted to reset your password. If the email address is linked to more than 1 person, then you will see this prompt: “Your email address is used by more than one person in the database. This system requires a unique email address that is used only by you because it will become your username for login purposes. Please contact the church office to request a user account. If you believe you have another unique email address in our system you are welcome to try it.“
STEP 2 - ENTER SECURITY CODE
1. Enter the security code that was emailed to you.
2. If the code is correct, go to Step 3
3. If not, a prompt will appear that says: “You have entered an invalid code. Please try again.”
STEP 3 - CONFIRM/ENTER NEW CONTACT INFO + PASSWORD
1. This screen will be displayed allowing you to enter/confirm existing info and set your password.
- ALL of these fields are required. You will not be allowed to continue until all fields are completed.
2. After you click the Setup Account button, your account will be setup with a security Role of “Pulse & Wave (limited access)” This role grants access to everything in Pulse except for the Church Directory, for security reasons. There is a user role called “Pulse & Wave” that grants access to the Church Directory.
- These two roles are protected system roles. A church administrator will make the determination whether you will be granted access to the Church Directory and if so your role will be changed.
3. At this point you will be logged into the system where you edit your full profile.
HOW TO LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK / GOOGLE+
If you already logged into Facebook or Google+ with an email address that matches one in the database:
When you click the Sign in with Facebook or G+ button, the system will check to see if it can find the email address in the database. If it recognizes one, it will allow you to log in to their account. If it is your first time, you may be asked to authorize the application to access their info from the social media services.
If you are already logged into Facebook or Google+, but your email does not match any email in the database:
f the system can access the email address you are using for the social media service you selected, but it is not recognized, it will just create a new user account. If applicable, you will be asked to select a campus before being taken into Pulse.
••• If you are not already logged onto the social media service they are trying to sign in with, a login window will appear asking you to log in to the service.
••• If it is your first time logging in, you may be asked to authorize the application to access your info from the social media services. See example above. Once log in is completed, you will either be taken into your existing account, or a new account will be generated.
Still having trouble? Contact our office.