Job Title: Pastor of Community Life
Type & Date: Full Time / Effective Immediately
Reports to: Pastor of Spiritual Formation (Accountable to the Lead Pastor & Board of Elders)
CROSSPOINT COMMUNITY CHURCH:
Crosspoint Community Church is a vibrant, fast-growing, missional, C&MA church located about halfway between Milwaukee and Madison. Driven by a passion for outreach, we strive to restore (UP), develop (IN), and release (OUT) people to collectively participate in God’s mission. Our community averages 1200+ people each weekend. We are continually growing, welcoming new people, and joining God’s work in our community. For more information, please visit our website (www.crosspointwi.com).
The Pastor of Community Life oversees a number of adult ministries at Crosspoint including marriage, small groups, and care groups. This role is integral as we focus on equipping & coaching adults to become reproducing disciples who pursue a growing relationship with Jesus (UP), live into community (IN), and join God’s work in the world (OUT).
The Pastor of Community Life will lead Jesus-centered discipleship groups to produce replicating disciples and develop leaders. They will also lead others in Spirit-led mission.
Competency in missional theology & practice, coaching & equipping, leadership & team building is a must. Strong relational skills are a non-negotiable. As a member of our pastoral team, this individual will also preach, teach, and fulfill other pastoral responsibilities. We are looking for a teachable, driven leader who is ready to live on mission with God, in the way of Jesus, and mobilize others to do the same.
Are you the right person for us?
- Are you growing in the character and competency of Jesus?
- Do you have a heart for reproducing disciples who can make disciples?
- Are you grounded in missional theology and immersive, reproducible practices?
- Are you passionate about adults coming to know Jesus personally?
- Are you passionate about adults forming supportive relationships with each other?
- Are you excited about equipping people to live into God’s mission?
- Are you able to lead from the front of the room (the stage) and back of the room (small group)?
- Are you passionate about moving people from passive consumerism to active engagement?
- Are you an innovator, one who is willing to try new things, fail, and take risks?
- Do you like to laugh and have fun while being productive?
Culture Creation: Work alongside our staff to create a missional culture where joining God in restoring (UP), developing (IN), and releasing (OUT) people is normative for every disciple of Jesus.
Discipleship Groups: Influence current groups into more faithful discipleship structures that are focused on Jesus and seek to produce disciples that make disciples. Personally disciple leaders who will in-turn invest into our community.
Mission: Develop holistic groups that focus on engaging God’s mission while being committed to Christ and one another.
Ministry Oversight: Provide oversight and administration for existing ministries including marriage, small groups, care groups, newly forming discipleship groups, and mission-based groups.
Preaching & Teaching: Occasionally preach at our adult weekend services. Provide coaching and teaching for discipleship and mission-based groups.
Pastoral Duties: Engage in pastoral duties such as officiating at weddings and funerals, counseling, hospital visitations, etc.
Ministry Budget: Create and manage the ministry budget for your area of oversight.
Other desired characteristics: Strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker. Organizational and administrative skills are a must. Must be hard-working and bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the table.
- If interested, please send a resume with references, a statement of your testimony, and a link or digital copy of a sermon.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience, Master’s Degree or MDiv preferred
- Training in missional theology, leadership, discipleship, and immersive practices.
- A strong passion and drive to see unchurched and unreached people come to know Jesus.
- A passion for reaching, developing, and sending people to engage God’s work in their lives (geographic neighborhoods, workplaces, schools, third spaces).
- The ability to thrive and lead in change.
- An ability to communicate clearly.
- The ability to host and teach on a regular basis for Saturday and Sunday Services
- A team player with a positive attitude; a risk-taker and innovator
- Experience in a church of 500 or more is a bonus
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER AND SAMPLE SPEAKING/PREACHING will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer these 5 questions:
(1) Why are you are interested in this position?
(2) Why would you feel comfortable relocating to Oconomowoc, WI?
(3) What experience or training do you have in shaping a missional culture?
(4) Who are your theological influences? Who do you enjoy reading or podcasting?
(5) Which of the following authors / resources have you read or are you familiar with?
- Building a Discipling Culture by Mike Breen?
- Covenant & Kingdom by Mike Breen?
- Toxic Charity by Robert Lupton
- Crucial Conversations by Patterson, Granny, & Switzler
- Strength Finders by Tom Rath?
- Authors: Alan Roxburgh, Craig Van Gelder, Leslie Newbigin, Christopher Wright, Alan Hirsch, Michael Frost, Reggie McNeal, JR Woodward, Lois Barret, Mark Scandrette, David Fitch, Scot McKnight, Darrell Guder?