1. Very often it is the parent wanting their student to join a program. Blaze is not that kind of program. It is hard to work with a student who has no interest in participating in this program.
2. Our policy is to work with parents not against them. If there is advice or an issue that goes against what you believe or rules you make, please notify the Advisor.
3. This program is not for “fixing” your child. It is for helping them grow in their walk with God.
4. This program is not for students who are “High Risk”, which means that we can not take on students that have not had help and may be dealing with the following:
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Sexually or physically abusive to others
- Had been physically or sexually abused and have not sought help.
- Other high risk behavior or mental condition.
- Drug or Alcohol Abuser
- Eating Disorders
- Severe Depression
5. If a student has been through counseling and is on the road to recovery and would like to be part of this program, a letter from a counselor, therapist or psychiatrist would be recommended to enter this program.
How does the process work?
- The Director and Advisors will prayerfully go through the Student Survey and application, if there are no concerns will set up an interview with your student.
- This interview will help them to determine if they need to be discipled or mentored.
- When the decision has been made, the Director and Advisors will prayerfully match your student to an Adult and Advisor.
- The Advisor will contact you and your student to set up an initial meeting. The remainder of forms will be due at that time.
- Parents will need to fill out the BLAZE Student Application and sign a release for their son/daughter to fill out the BLAZE Student Survey, both Application and survey are confidential and will only be seen by the Director and Advisors.
- We ask that the parent respect the privacy of their student and not read the BLAZE Student Survey. If there are any concerns parents will be notified by the Director.
- The student will complete the Student BLAZE Survey and hand it in to the Director of Blaze along with the BLAZE Student Application.